Mar 19, 2018
The Certificate in Construction Technology Program will prepare students for the current local and global job market with entry-level skills needed for any of the following fields: carpentry; electricity; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); masonry, plumbing, reinforcing metal worker, and welding. All students must successfully pass for core courses (technical related requirements) with a “C” or better before enrolling in one of the seven concentration areas.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs):
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Construction Technology program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic skills needed to function as an entry-level worker in at least one construction trades concentration area in accordance with industry safety standards: carpentry; electricity; heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC); masonry; plumbing, reinforcing metal worker; or welding.
- Exhibit entry-level knowledge in chosen construction trades concentration area.
- Demonstrate professionalism as related to the construction trades industry.
A. General Education Requirements
Students must demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, understanding and speaking English as well as demonstrate the minimum mathematical proficiency. Proficiency can be met through the following:
- Test out of the English Placement Test, or Satisfactory completion of EN 096 or EN 097
- Test out of the Math Placement Test, or Satisfactory completion of MA 096 or MA 098
Total General Education Requirements - 4
B. Area of Concentration Requirements
Total Carpentry Technical Requirements - 12
Total Electricity Technical Requirements - 20
3. Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC)
Total Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) Technical Requirements - 15
Total Masonry Technical Requirements - 11
Total Plumbing Technical Requirements - 11
6. Reinforcing Metal Worker
Total Reinforcing Metal Worker Technical Requirements - 12
Total Welding Technical Requirements - 20
C. Related General Education & Technical Requirements -15
Range of Credits Required - Up to 39